Websites are not meant to be static. And the beauty of a website? Whether the changes are little or big, simple or complex, you don't have to start from scratch in order to keep it from becoming static.
Call DSM WebWorks to take care of your website maintenance and/or perhaps a well timed redesign.
Ah, your website is finally published ! It is a culmination of your ideas, weeks of your time and resources. You've planned for it. You've work with a web designer to bring your vision to the web. And visitors are starting to notice ! Now what?
Website maintenance is critical to online success. As a reflection of your business, with respect for your customers, your website must be accurate and must evolve as your business does and in response to your customers needs and demands.
This evolution doesn't have to be drastic, just consistent and focused. Some websites will required frequent updates, others less often. Some updates will be simple, others will be more complex. No worries, we're here to help.
In a Nutshell ...Website maintenance is defined as keeping your current website up-to-date. The benefits of a commitment to maintenance are many.
- Easy way to quickly and accurately share new information
- Keeps visitors coming back, to check out what's new and different, and how your business can help them today
- Search engines love new and relevant content
- Give your business an "edge" over your competitors who don't update regularly
Website Maintenance IncludesContent maintenance for things like
- • annual domain registration
- • repair broken links
- • repair broken images (not that there would be any !)
- • correct typographical and grammatical errors
- • correct company information
- • supply missing information
- • replace old information
Webpage updates such as
- • product changes
- • price sheets
- • changing/updating images
- • creating and adding new .pdf
- • specials, service announcements, etc.
- • new links
- • news that updates your company information
Minor website edits/modifications including
- • addition of new, similarly designed pages
- • minor layout modifications
- • installation of standard scripts/special programs
Why Have DSM WebWorks Take Care of Your Website Maintenance?Well, you don't have to. These days, during the "create" phase of web design, websites can be created to allow owners to take care of most maintenance themselves. For some businesses, this is a great solution – particularly for simple, infrequent updates or for companies with staff experienced in performing web updates.
For most businesses however, having a web professional take care of updates makes better sense. Even though web pages look like printed pages, they are more complicated to create, and hence to work with. And of course, it takes time.
Let DSM WebWorks help ! Let us do what we do best (web work) while you do what you do best (run your business).
Over time, websites benefit from a bit (or a lot) of remodeling. Design trends, customer expectations and functionality/technology change on the World Wide Web just as they do in every other aspect of our lives. And let's face it, sometimes we are just ready to try something different.
The graphic designers, programmers and writers of DSM WebWorks are here, ready to bring your vision to the web !
How Do You Know When It's Time for a Redesign?Ask yourself these questions regarding your existing website.
- Does it load quickly?
- Is the navigation easy to follow?
- Is the navigation consistent from page to page?
- Do the webpages look like they belong to the same website?
- Does it convey a professional image?
- Does it look good? Does it attract attention and compel continued exploration of site?
- Is content current?
- Are graphics current?
- Does your website reflect your business today?
- Do you like your site better than competitor's website?
- Are customers saying "Great Website" more often than suggesting changes for the website?
A "no" answer to any question suggests it might be time to spruce up your website.
Website Redesign Takes Many Forms, From Simple to More ComplexExamples of simple redesign changes
- • standardizing existing layout across pages
- • improving navigation through site
- • faster page load by optimizing images
- • improve webpage load by updating code
- • removing/minimizing Flash
- • converting from image based websites to coded websites
- • installation of scripts/special programs
Examples of more complex redesign changes
- • major to complete overhaul of
- - graphics, look of site
- - layout of pages
- - navigation through site
- • installation and customization of
- - new technology
- - scripts unique to your business
- - custom programming
- • create website with Content Management System (CMS)
Pricing is influenced by where your site is hosted (with us or elsewhere) and the anticipated extent of updates.
Sites hosted on our servers benefit from a discount, as we know our servers and their capabilities very well, and have unfettered access to them.
Website maintenance is done Monday – Friday (except holidays), and is billed at an hourly rate with ¼ to ½ hour minimum. In some circumstances, work may be completed after hours, on weekends or holidays for 1.5 times the hourly rate. Work received as web-ready copy by 3 p.m. M-F is finished within 24–72 hours of receipt, and published either immediately or upon receipt of payment depending upon plan selected.
Plans available to websites hosted on our servers include: As Needed, Maintenance Retainer - Standard (up to 12 hrs/year), Maintenance Retainer - Plus (up to 60 hrs/year), and Maintenance Retainer - Premium (custom packages for businesses requiring more support).
We offer a Maintenance Retainer - Support plan for websites not hosted on our servers (up to 12 hrs/year).
Additional hours above maintenance plan are billed at plan rate. Customized script/programming is billed at prevailing script hourly rate.
Depending upon the scope of the redesign, work is billed at design rates or hourly rates, or some combination thereof. Rest assured, after discussing your vision and goals for the redesign and our suggestions to get your website there, we'll talk about your budget and timeline before we get started.
Just as with initial web design work, if your vision is more ambitious than your current budget, the beautify of a website is it can be done in stages.
Give us a call, and let's talk !